Roof Gardens, Vertical Gardens
Roof and vertical gardening is becoming more attractive in South Africa for the following reasons:
- Energy costs are rising
- A "green" revolution is occurring in both public and private sectors
- New legislation is being adopted in terms of energy efficiency and responsible water usage at all levels of Government
- Meets mandate of "Triple-Bottom Line"
Incorporating a roof and/or vertical gardens to your building has the following benefits:
- Provides a cooling and insulating effect on the building - this translates into substantial energy savings. Reduces your carbon footprint.
- Transforms a previously unused space into a usable habitat for people and nature. Helps make the city greener, reduces the urban heat island effect and manages runoff
- Contributes visually and aesthetically to the built environment - improves quality of life
- Reduces UV damage to waterproofing and increases building lifespan
Both our key products, Leca® and Supaflora®, have been used for decades internationally as the lightweight substrate of choice.
For more information, please enquire here.